15 Year Fixed
30 Year FHA Fixed
CommonWealth One is committed to helping our younger members learn good money habits with our Summer Reading Programs. Our programs begin on Thursday, July 1, and will run through August 31. It’s a great way to encourage your child to read and learn important money management skills during the summer break. Plus, they can earn up to $25!
This year we are offering two Reading Programs, one designed for children ages 3-12 and a second program for youth ages 13-18. So no matter your child's age, they'll feel engaged and will learn something new!
Here is how to participate if your child is age 3 - 12:
- Open a CommonWealth One youth savings account with as little as $5. Your child will earn 2.1% APY* on the first $1,000 on deposit.
- Download the Summer Reading Passport and start reading to earn passport stamps and cash for deposit to your savings account.
- Read 1 book, receive a stamp and $5.
- Read 2 books, receive a second stamp and $5.
- Read 3 books, receive a third stamp and $5.
- Read 4 books, receive a fourth stamp, plus $10 for a total of $25!
- Submit you child's completed passport! Submit the passport via Dropbox. or bring the completed passport to a CommonWealth One branch during business hours. Passports must be submitted by August 31, 2021 at 11:59 pm. Funds will be deposited in the account of qualifying entrants within two weeks of the submission deadline.
Books may be selected from our list or a personal choice, but they must be a financial based book.
You can bring kids to our Main Branch in Alexandria or our Harrisonburg Regional Branch to receive a stamp on Saturday mornings. (Stamps are not required to submit reading log and receive cash deposits.)
Here is how to participate if your child is age 13 - 18:
- Open a CommonWealth One student savings account with as little as $5. Your child will earn 2.1% APY* on the first $1,000 on deposit.
- Visit our Banzai Classroom. By completing the set courses in our classroom, your child will get a practice run through the real world by learning about living expenses, creating a budget and saving for the unexpected.
- Have your child create a 30 second video on their experience detailing 2-3 things they learned. Submit the video via Dropbox. It must be submitted by August 31, at 11:59pm. Upon successful completion, the member will earn $25 deposited into their shared savings account.
People Helping People
CommonWealth One is here for you.