Mobile Banking Apps Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Mobile Banking?
- What does Mobile Banking cost?
- Is Mobile Banking currently available to all members?
- Will Mobile Banking work on my cell phone?
- How does Mobile Web Banking work?
- How many transactions can I see on my phone using Mobile Banking?
- Can I change accounts on the Transaction History page?
- What different kinds of funds transfers are available?
- Can I see scheduled transfers on my phone?
- Can I change or remove a scheduled transfer using Mobile Banking?
- Why can't I access the Bill Pay tab?
- Can I register for Bill Pay using Mobile Banking?
- How do I make a payment using my phone?
- Can I see pending payments?
- Can I remove a pending payment?
- How do I logout of Mobile Banking on my iPhone?
- How do I logout of Mobile Banking on my Android?
- Are my challenge question answers case sensitive?
- Is a password needed for Mobile Banking?
- I have disconnected my mobile phone. Will my service continue to work?
- Is it safe to bank using the Mobile Banking service?
- Is help available through my mobile device?
- My session timed out pretty quickly, can I change the timeout value?
- I changed my User ID in Online Banking. Why can't I log in on my iPhone app?
A service that enables you to access your account information, conduct transfers, and pay and manage your bill payments from any mobile device that has web browsing capabilities and an active data plan. Mobile Banking includes iPhone, iPad and Android Apps, Mobile Web Browser and Text Banking.
Mobile Banking from CommonWealth One Federal Credit Union is FREE, but you must have a data plan through your wireless provider to use Mobile Banking. You should check with your wireless provider if you aren’t sure whether additional fees might apply.
Mobile Banking is available to all members who own mobile devices with web browsing capabilities and are subscribed to a data plan through their wireless carrier.
Mobile Banking works on most mobile devices with the following manufacturer/carrier installed operating systems:
- Apple – operating system v3 and above
- Android – operating system v2.1 and above
- Blackberry – operating system version 4.2 and above
Open the link sent to your phone via SMS text message on a mobile device with Web browsing capabilities and an active data plan. Next, verify your Security Image and enter your Password. If you are accessing Mobile Web Banking from your mobile device for the first time, you will be prompted to answer one of the security questions you established when you signed up for Mobile Web Banking in Online Banking.
- Access Your Accounts – the Mobile Web Banking experience is virtually the same as Online Banking, although on a smaller screen.
- Pay Bills – you must first register and set-up your payees on a PC before utilizing Bill Pay through Mobile Web Banking.
- Make Transfers – you must have more than one account in Online Banking for this functionality to be available in Mobile Web Banking.
When you select an account link and click the Transactions button, you will see the 10 most recent transactions. There will also be a link to view more transactions. You will be able to view all the transactions for the past 30 days.
While logged into Mobile Banking you will not be able to change the displayed accounts. To edit your settings, you will need to log into internet banking from a PC where you will be able to add/delete your accounts.
Once you select an account, you will see the Transactions button. When you click the Transactions button you will be able to see the transaction details.
On the Transfer tab you can do an immediate transfer between your accounts. To schedule future or recurring transfers you will need to log into Online Banking from a PC where you will be able to schedule future transfers.
No. You will need to log into Online Banking to see future transfers you have scheduled.
No. You will need to log into Online Banking where you will be able to remove a scheduled transfer..
The Bill Pay tab is only enabled for users who have signed up for Bill Pay in Online Banking from a personal computer.
For help with MyDeposit, call our call center (703) 823-5211 or (800) 424-3334, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the Pay Bill button and follow the onscreen prompts to pay your bill.
Yes, just select the Pending Payments link on the Pay Bill screen to see up to 10 pending payments.
Yes. On the Pending Payments page scroll to the payment you want to remove and select the Cancel link. Then confirm that you want to delete the payment.Back to top
When you're ready to log out, just select the Menu button at the top of the screen, then select Log Out.
Press your phone’s Menu button then the logout option will display.
Yes, just select the Pending Payments link on the Pay Bill screen to see up to 10 pending payments.Back to top
Yes. If you recognize your Passphrase and Picture, you can enter your password to securely access your account information using Mobile Banking. The password you enter to log in to Mobile Banking is the same as the password you use to log in to Online Banking.Back to top
No. For Mobile Banking to work, you must have a mobile device with browsing capabilities and an active data plan through a wireless carrier.Back to top
After registering your new mobile device and phone number via Online Banking, you will receive a text message that will have a link to your Mobile Web Banking site. You will not be able to access Mobile Web Banking using the link sent to your old mobile device. You can access Mobile Web Banking from any of your mobile devices, as long as the mobile device has been registered in Online Banking, has web browsing capabilities, and an active data plan through a wireless carrier.
Yes. To protect your privacy, you are required to authenticate yourself, using the same information from Online Banking, on each individual mobile device. And all communication between your mobile device, wireless provider, and the mobile banking server are encrypted. In addition, your passwords, passphrase, answers to challenge questions, and account information are never stored by the mobile device.
For help regarding Mobile Banking products, Online Banking users should send us a secure message through the Alert and Message Center. You can also contact CommonWealth One Member Service by phone at (703) 823-5211, or email,email@example.com. For help regarding your mobile device and/or wireless Internet connectivity, contact your wireless provider.
Ten minutes is the only timeout option. For your security and protection, when there has been no account activity for ten minutes, the session times out and displays a Session Expired message.
If you change your User ID in Online Banking on your personal computer you will get the message: "System Error. Please Try Again" when you try to log in to Online Banking using the iPhone App. You will need to delete the app and re-download it to use the updated User ID on your iPhone.