Debit Card Tips
Here are a few common issues experienced by cardholders and how to resolve them.
1. Your blue CommonWealth One debit card is not working. We upgraded our debit cards to contactless debit cards on June 23. Your blue CommonWealth One debit card has been disabled and will no longer work. You should have received a new, red CommonWealth One debit card in the mail. If you did not receive this card, please contact our Member Contact Center at (703) 823-5211 or (800) 424-3334, and press 2 for debit cardholder services. If you have the red CommonWealth One debit card, please activate your card and program your PIN so you can begin using this card.
2. You have activated your card, but it still does not work. If you activated your card but did not set your PIN, your card will not work. Please call (866) 985-2273 and follow the prompts to program the PIN for your new card. It can be similar to the PIN of your previous card or you can make it something completely different – the choice is yours.
3. You are not able to activate your card. If you are sure you have entered the correct card number and expiration date, please contact us. We may need to update your contact information.
4. You are unable to update your new contactless card within a digital wallet app. Previously, we experienced a technical issue that was prohibited debit cardholders from setting up their new card on digital wallet apps. As of Monday, June 27, this issue has been resolved. Please try updating your card within your digital wallet app again. If you continue to have issues updating your card within a digital wallet app, please contact our Member Contact Center at (703) 823-5211 or (800) 424-3334, and press 2 for debit cardholder services.
5. You can no longer use CardValet® or you are not receiving alerts from yourCardValet® app. CardValet® is not offered with the new card. However, you are able to set up similar alerts through online banking to stay updated on spending, account balances and more.
6. You did not receive a new CommonWealth One debit card or you have misplaced your new CommonWealth One debit card. If you did not receive your new contactless debit card or you have misplaced your new contactless debit card, please contact the Member Contact Center at (703) 823-5211 or (800 ) 424-3334, and press 2 for debit cardholder services, or visit a CommonWealth One branch to request a new card.
We are currently experiencing higher-than-normal call volume. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
People Helping People
CommonWealth One is here for you.