2020 Scholarship Winners
CommonWealth One has been awarding scholarships to our student members for more than 20 years. This year we awarded $12,000 in scholarships!
We have selected five members as recipients of scholarships to help with funding for their attendance at an accredited college, university, or other institution of higher learning during the 2020-2021 academic year.
This year’s winners are impressive in their dedication to academic excellence and extracurricular activities.
- Carly Parsons, Kathryn R. Coleman Financial Capability Scholarship Award Winner – Carly is a 2020 graduate of Battlefield High School in Haymarket, VA. She will be attending Virginia Tech with plans to major in Architecture.
- David Knapp, Kathryn R. Coleman Community Leader Scholarship Award Winner – David is a sophmore at St. Joseph's University and he is pursuing a degree in Socal Science.
- Lief McCoy, CommonWealth One (Harrisonburg High School) Scholarship Award Winner – Lief is a 2020 graduate of Harrisonburg High School in Harrisonburg, VA. He will be attending William and Mary with plans to major in History.
- Yasmin Hassen, CommonWealth One (Academy of Finance) Scholarship Award Winner – Yasmin is a 2020 graduate of T.C. Williams High School in Alexandria, VA. She will be attending Virginia Tech with plans to double major in Business Management and Finance.
- Zoe Price, CommonWealth One (T.C. Williams High School) Scholarship Award Winner – Rebekah is a 2020 graduate of T.C. Williams High School in Alexandria, VA. She will be attending Shenandoah University with plans to major in Recording and Audio Arts.
We wish our winners the best in all of their future endeavors!