Youth Financial Education
CommonWealth One Federal Credit Union is actively involved in youth financial literacy efforts throughout our field of membership. Our aim is to promote healthy saving habits and financial success, starting at a young age!
- Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) Community Partner and James Madison University's official credit union
- Offer seminars at local schools, community centers, libraries, and business centers that cover a diverse range of personal finance topics
- Material is developed primarily in-house and updated regularly so to reflect the most current information and research available
- Partner with and offer The Centsables Youth Program and the Banzai Financial Literacy Program
- We also organize financial simulations for elementary, middle, high school, and college-aged students, as well as participate in monthly Credit Union Days at local schools, providing students with a chance to save for a better future during deposit-only savings days. We want youth members to learn about smart financial decision-making!
If your organization is interested in offering CommonWealth One’s Credit Union Day and/or any of our financial education seminars or activities, please contact our Financial Programs Education Coordinator, LauRae Upchurch, at (703) 236-7639 or email@example.com.