CommonWealth One's Youth Summer Reading Challenge
Our Youth Summer Reading Challenge can help kids learn about money management while sharpening their reading skills over the summer break. Plus, they receive $5 for each of the five fun comic books they read, making the grand total of what they can earn $25!†
At the end of the challenge, their cash reward will be deposited into their CommonWealth One Youth Savings Account, where they earn 2.1% APY* on the first $1,000 on deposit. And, if they read all five comic books, they will receive a pack of The Centsables® collector cards, too!
Here's how your child (age 3 - 12) can participate:
- Open a CommonWealth One youth savings account with as little as $5. Your child will earn 2.1% APY* on the first $1,000 on deposit.
- Visit The Centsables website. Click "Cents 1.0 The Children's Guide to Financial Literacy," then click the "Library" tab and find the "Lesson Book Series."
- Download the 2022 Summer Reading Log and have your child start reading the five comic books in the Lesson Book Series to earn cash for deposit to their Youth Savings Account.
- Read "The 411 on Money", earn $5.
- Read "Growing Your Money", earn $5.
- Read "How Kids Earn Money", earn $5.
- Read "Taking Stock of the Market", earn $5.
- Read "Be Sure to Insure", earn $5 for a total of $25! We’ll also mail a pack of The Centsables® collector cards as a bonus for reading all five comic books!
- Submit your child's Reading Log! Submit their Reading Log via our Dropbox, or bring the Log to a CommonWealth One branch during business hours. Don't forget to complete the Parent/Guardian Information section.
All entries must be received by 12:00 a.m. Thursday, September 1, 2022.
*Annual Percentage Yield (APY). Standard Annual Percentage Yield applies to any account balances over $1,000. Only one Youth Savings Account per Social Security Number. Parent/legal guardian required as joint owner, if under the age of 18.
†The Youth Summer Reading Challenge is open to youth members ages 3 – 12. The first 100 participants to submit their Reading Log will receive $5 per qualifying comic read. The maximum cash reward per child is $25. Only one reading log per child will be accepted. A parent/guardian’s signature is required on the reading log. The Summer Reading Challenge ends Wednesday, August 31, 2022. All entries must be received via Dropbox by 12:00 a.m. Thursday, September 1, 2022. 1Cash rewards will be deposited into the child’s CommonWealth One account and The Centsables collector cards will be mailed to the address on file within two weeks of the promotions end.
Each entrant hereby grants to the CommonWealth One a non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, modify or make derivative works, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display such submission, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to, all forms of television and all forms of internet and wireless protocol without any further right of approval or additional compensation. Each entrant grants CommonWealth One the right, but not the obligation, to use the story, characters, and any other information presented in the entry, including the name and likeness of entrant and any persons appearing in the entry, in a commercial or other advertising and publicity for Sponsor.
People Helping People
CommonWealth One is here for you.