Online Banking Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Online Banking?
- What can I do with Online Banking?
- How current is my information?
- What accounts will I be able to access?
- How much account information can I view at once?
- When can I use Online Banking?
- How long can I be inactive within an online session before being logged out?
- What is required to use Online Banking?
- How do I enroll?
- What happens if I get locked?
- Can I view my account statement online?
- Can I change my mailing address online?
- What is my User ID to log in to Online Banking?
- How do I reset my password?
- What is Multi Factor Authentication?
- Is there a fee for Online Banking?
- Can I re-order personal checks on line?
How do I set up Personalized Notifications?
- Log in to Online Banking
- Click the "Settings" tab
- Click "Email Notifications" (enrollment is required for Personalized Notifications)
- After enrolling, click "Set up Personalized Notifications"
- Click "View/Customize"
- Click "Add Personalized Notification"
- Select "Share Withdrawal Above a Dollar Amount" to receive notification when your account has a withdrawal above a specified amount
- Click "Next"
- Enter the dollar amount for the notification and select the account,
- Choose Email, SMS (Text), or Both Email and SMS (Text) (if available)
- Click "Next", then "Yes" to add your Personalized Notification
You can view account balances and transaction history, place reduced-cost Stop Payments on checks, manage your Overdraft Protection and Direct Deposit distributions, pay bills, transfer money to/from other financial institutions, transfer money to other CommonWealth One members, use PopMoney to transfer money using an email or mobile number, set up Alerts and Notices and send secure messages to us.
Your account and balances are real-time, so your information is always current.
You can access all your CommonWealth One accounts including your Visa credit card information. You must have the User ID and Password for all the accounts you would like to access.
The Recent Activity page under My Accounts lists information about each sub-account under your account number. You can customize your data by selecting which transactions to display, for how many days, and whether to show data according to date range.
The display options include All Transactions, All Deposits, All Withdrawals, ATM Transactions, Checks, Dividends and Purchases. After making your Display selection, click Show History for it to display.
You have access to Online Banking 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
The inactivity time-out default is set for 10 minutes. You do not have the ability to change the length of inactivity before time-out occurs.
All you need to use Online Banking is a secure browser that supports 128 bit encryption, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 and 10, Firefox 10, Apple Safari 5, Opera 12, or Google Chrome 21.
There are 3 easy ways to enroll in Online Banking:
- Self-Enroll – Simply visit www.cofcu.org and click the Enroll Now link. Enter your information exactly as it appears in our system. You may want to use a statement as reference. You will need an email address to self-enroll.
- Enroll by Phone – Contact us at (703) 823-5211.
- Visit a branch – Stop at any branch location and a Member Service Representative will assist you.
The Call Center will be able to reset your access. They are available Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 6:00pm and Saturday: 9:00am - 2:00pm at (800) 424-3334 or (703) 823-5211.
Yes, you can view your statements online by signing up for E-Statements. E-Statements are free, more secure, and are available faster than statements sent in the mail. E-Statements also provide access to 18 months of statement history. Sign up for E-Statements in Online Banking by clicking the Settings tab and clicking the Email Notifications link. In order for you to access your e-Statement records, you must have Adobe Reader and your system must have Internet access and a certified/supported browser.
Yes, go to the Settings tab and click on the My Information link to update your mailing address
Your User ID is your account number. You may change this once logged into Online Banking by clicking on Settings.
Once you have entered your User ID, you will then see a screen to enter your password. Click on the Forgot My Password link and answer the challenge question to reset your password. Your password must meet system requirements as an added layer of security.
Protecting your financial information is very important to us. Multi-Factor Authentication will help protect you from fraudulent online activities like phishing, ID theft and spoofed web sites. As a security enhancement, you will need to create a Passphrase, select an Image and answer 3 Challenge Questions of your choice.
Online Banking is a free service for our members.Can I re-order personal checks on line?
We recommend that you order your checks through the Credit Union's check provider Harland Clark. Please click here to order your checks.