Want to start investing your money? We can help you get started!
If you watch the news, you’ve been hearing a lot from from a variety of different "financial experts" about the stock market, interest rates and inflation — especially with the global economic uncertainty caused by the war in Ukraine.
But there’s also a lot of investment advice on the internet, in new books and even from your Uncle Bob — who really believes he knows how to choose the next hot stock that’s sure to make you fabulously wealthy.
And, of course, a lot of those pieces of advice conflict with one another! What’s a smart investor to do these days?
It’s so easy to get overwhelmed with information, but the trained professionals at the CommonWealth One Financial Network think the best thing to do is follow these five smart strategies.
1. Don’t time the market. Think you can predict the future? Even the best financial crystal balls get it wrong sometime, so a strategy based on “timing the market” won’t give you sustained, steady, positive growth results over time.
2. Allocate your assets. The adage that you shouldn’t “put all your eggs in one basket” applies here. Make sure you have a diversity of types of investments.
3. Investment selection. In addition to having a variety of investment types, make sure you’re choosing the right investment vehicles for where you are in life. If you’re close to retirement, you’ll want to invest a bit more conservatively than you did when you were younger.
4. Dollar-cost averaging. Investing at regular intervals over time is a smart way to reduce your exposure to the volatility of the market. Regular contributions to your investment accounts will help you meet your goals.
5. Rebalancing your portfolio. As the world changes, it’s a good idea to take a look at your investment variety and vehicles to make sure they’re still in line with your goals.
The real experts at the CommonWealth One Financial Network would be happy to sit down with you to look at your specific investments and talk about the best path for you going forward. Whether you’re just starting out with your first investments or it’s just time for a mid- or late-career checkup, sitting down with an actual expert can make the financial roller coaster we’re on feel like smooth sailing. Request a consultation today!
People Helping People
CommonWealth One is here for you.