$6,000 in College Scholarships Available
CommonWealth One has been awarding scholarships to our student members for more than 20 years. As part of the community, we hope to pave a more affordable path to higher education for our members. These scholarships will serve as funding for a student to attend an accredited college, university, or other institution of higher learning during the 2019-2020 academic year.
Harrisonburg High School Scholarship
This scholarship is open to graduating seniors from Harrisonburg High School who plan to enroll full time (minimum 15 credits per semester) in an accredited college, career or technical school. The deadline to enter is March 31, 2019. Click the link below to download the application.
T. C. Williams High School Scholarships (Submission Period Has Ended)
These scholarships are open to graduating seniors from T.C. Williams High School who plan to enroll full time (minimum 15 credits per semester) in an accredited college, career or technical school. A $3,000 scholarship will be awarded to one graduating Academy of Finance student and one graduating senior.
Kathryn R. Coleman Scholarships
These scholarships are open to all CommonWealth One members whether you live in Harrisonburg, the City of Alexandria, or any other location. The deadline to enter is March 31, 2019. Click the link(s) below to download the application.
- Kathryn R. Coleman Community Leader Scholarship ($2,500)
- Kathryn R. Coleman Financial Capability Scholarship ($2,500)
Kathryn R. Coleman and Harrisonburg High School Scholarship Evaluations
Applications will be evaluated by a committee and judged based upon:
- An essay
- Extracurricular activities
- Community involvement
- Academic excellence and achievement
- Be a member of CommonWealth One Federal Credit Union
- Be the primary member on your own account
- Account must be in good standing
- Be a graduating high school senior or college/university student attending a fully accredited college, university, or other institution of higher learning