Are we big fans of the Dukes? You better believe it.
As your son or daughter heads off to JMU, offer them one last piece of advice: Open an account at CommonWealth One. We feature a full-service on-campus branch, a nationwide network of ATMs, low rates on loans, convenient checking options, and state-of-the-art digital banking services. Accounts can be opened online or at our branch in The Union with the following items:
- A valid photo I.D. or JAC card
- Know your full Social Security number
- Students age 18 or older can open up an individual account. However, we recommend that all student accounts be opened jointly with parents at first. (All account owners will need to show a photo I.D. and know their Social Security Number, in addition to signing the appropriate paperwork.)
You can get access to your money fast when you use direct deposit to move financial aid funds into your CommonWealth One account. Use our routing number 256078365 and your account number when you complete your Higher One* application forms.
Information for Parents
It's easy to stay connected to your son or daughter while they're at school. One way is for you to become a CommonWealth One member, too, and use Online or Mobile Banking to transfer money into your student's CommonWealth One accounts. In addition to our on-campus branch and services, CommonWealth One has:
- Additional branches in and around Harrisonburg, in Northern Virginia and in Washington, D.C.
- The largest network of shared branches nationwide and no-fee ATMs
- A full suite of Online and Mobile Banking Services for students and parents on the go
- Financial Education resources in our branches and online through Banzai programs
CommonWealth One Federal Credit Union is a full-service credit union with branches in Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Become a Member
Make the right choice for your money today.