When it comes to managing money, smarter is better.
Polite manners. Safe behavior. Good study habits. Starting at an early age, children begin learning lessons that last a lifetime. At CommonWealth One, we believe financial literacy should also be on that list. We offer a number of programs and initiatives designed to create the next generation of financially responsible adults.
- We're a community partner at Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) and James Madison University's official credit union.
- We offer seminars at local schools, community centers, libraries, and business centers that cover a diverse range of personal finance topics.
- We develop educational material in-house and update it regularly to reflect the most current information and research available.
- We offer The Centsables Youth Program and the Banzai Financial Literacy Program.
- We organize financial simulation activities for elementary, middle school, high school, and college-aged students.
- We participate in monthly Credit Union Days at local schools, providing students with a chance to save for a better future during deposit-only savings days.
If your organization is interested in offering CommonWealth One’s Credit Union Day or any of our financial education seminars or activities, please contact our Financial Programs Education Coordinator, LauRae Upchurch, at (703) 236-7639 or email@example.com.
CommonWealth One Federal Credit Union is a full-service credit union with branches in Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Become a Member
Make the right choice for your money today.