A mortgage built for both today and tomorrow
Most Adjustable-Rate Mortgages offer lower rates for an introductory period. But when that expires, it's possible for rates - and monthly payments - to go up every year. With a CommonWealth One ARM, the initial savings are the same, plus there is added stability because rate adjustments are made only once every five years.
- Lower rate locked in for the first five years
- After that, the rate may be adjusted every five years
- Caps limit rate increases to 2% at any one time and 5% over the life of the loan
- Repayment terms up to 30 years
- Qualify for an ARM with a down payment as low as 5%
- No prepayment penalties
- Work one-on-one with an experienced Member Advantage Mortgage Consultant who can explain all the details
Who Should Consider an ARM?
The prospect of lower monthly payments is an attractive one. But before deciding on an ARM, it's good to look at the big picture. Those who benefit from these mortgages include:
- People who plan to sell their homes before the five-year introductory rate period ends
- Families who expect their income and assets to increase in the relatively near future
- Homeowners who need extra cash after moving to buy furniture and appliances, pay for landscaping, or make extensive home improvements
CommonWealth One Federal Credit Union is a full-service credit union with branches in Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Rate adjustment once every five years, with a 2% cap at each adjustment and a lifetime cap of 5%. Rate based on The Wall Street Journal Prime.
All applications are subject to credit and underwriting approval; not all applicants will qualify. This is not an offer for extension of credit nor a commitment to lend. Programs, rates, terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice. This offer is available to properties located in the Commonwealth of Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C. only. Member Advantage Mortgage LLC is licensed by the Virginia State Corporation Commission, Mortgage Lender License MC-5045, NMLS ID #1557 (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org). Visit cofcu.org for more Terms and Conditions.
Equal Housing Lender.
This notice provides that Member Advantage Mortgage, LLC has a business relationship with CommonWealth One Federal Credit Union. The nature of this relationship is Indirect Owner. Because of this relationship, this referral may provide Member Advantage Mortgage, LLC a financial or other benefit.
CommonWealth One Federal Credit Union NMLS# 1557 complies with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act). A list of our registered originators can be found by searching for CommonWealth One FCU at https://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org/.
Become a Member
Make the right choice for your money today.